Monday, February 2, 2015

Day 22...

Hello Super Bowl Sunday! This day is truly the second biggest foodie holiday of the year. I can't believe how much time I spent in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up. But I loved it! I made two batches of Olive Oil Mayo, which turned out so much better this time as I finally found light olive oil. I boiled and shredded chicken breasts for a dip - word to the wise - use your stand-up mixer with paddle attachment to shred chicken - so easy and fast! Anyhow, while I didn't love the way the game ended, it was still a fun Super Bowl and best part was being able to still enjoy lots of good food (and not drinking) while following the Whole30 plan! Score! 



Breakfast - black coffee & water. We were up and out of the house at Wintergreen super early to get home so didn't really have time to eat - wasn't totally starved either, so I was ok with skipping. 

Lunch - leftover spaghetti pie. 

Dinner - Hodge podge! I nibbled on a few of the things I whipped up for the big game. Buffalo Chicken Dip (always a favorite and everyone loved it even in its compliant form). Chicken & Zucchini poppers w/ avocado & cucumber sauce (I simply put a few scoops of olive oil mayo in my Ninja, added in an avocado, half a seedless cucumber diced, garlic powder some tobasco, salt and pepper and blended until smooth), and chicken wings with Franks Hot Sauce (ranch dressing for those that wanted it and I simply dipped my wing in the avocado sauce). I can happily say that while there was plenty of food to over-eat - I didn't. I had just enough - and actually probably could have had more - but was too enthralled in the game. 




Workout - had to use this as my rest day - didn't want to - but after cooking all day I barely had time to shower before our guests arrived. While I didn't get an official workout in, I did feel pretty active having been on my feet almost all day :) 

9 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment