Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 26...

So much for those nice temps - wind was howling today! How much longer until spring? 

Breakfast - buffalo chicken patty & half an avocado w/ black coffee on the side. My husband laughed at me for having this for breakfast - but it was honestly what I woke up craving. Filling, healthy, & satisfying. 

Lunch - mixed green salad topped with shredded carrots (leftover from the patties), zucchini, cucumber, and you guessed it - the last buffalo chicken patty chopped up on top. So good. 


Dinner - meatloaf and sweet potato/cauliflower mash. I was inspired by our chicken and zucchini poppers to add shredded zucchini to my meatloaf - ads moisture, flavor, and bonus - hides the veggies from my 5 year old (still trying to ease him into this healthier lifestyle). I also had read about using chopped mushrooms as a substitute for bread crumbs so I chopped up some portobellos to add in as well. Did a combo of ground beef and ground pork and put an egg and a little coconut flour in as well. It turned out really well and you can't go wrong with cauliflower/sweet potato mash (just a little bit of sweet potato for the texture and sweetness). 

Workout - If I had a rest day to use, I would have cashed it in today - but alas, I didn't so I pushed through and got in two 21-15-9's. Round 1 - 21 push ups, 21 seconds of plank, 21 mountain climbers - then 15, then 9. Round 2 - 21 scissor crunches, 21 bicycle crunches, 21 sit ups, then 15 then 9. Not the most intense workout, but I got it done. 

4 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment