Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 28...

I'd say that the light at the end of the tunnel was drawing near, but I'm not so sure that metaphor fits. I don't really see these past 28 days as some race towards a finish line, rather 28 days of a new journey that has been well lit with success and triumph leaving me ready to tackle another 30 days, and then another and so on. The challenge may be drawing to a close, but this new way of fueling my body and thinking about food and health is just starting. 

Breakfast - slice of frittata, half an avocado, and black coffee. Maybe that should be the name of this blog. Ha!

Lunch - whoops. Didn't have any. The morning was spent running errands and before I knew it lunch had come and gone - and I wasn't all that hungry. 

Snack - ok, so not having lunch caught up to me around 5:00 - after my workout - so I had a handful of pistachios, a hard boiled egg, and a few cucumber slices topped with smoked salmon. 

Dinner - spicy tuna cakes - couldn't resist bringing these back into the mix. My father-in-law was over for dinner and knew he'd enjoy these. We increased the amount of jalapeno and served them with the zoodles and a side of my avocado/cucumber dressing. 

Workout - 4 Tabatas - Round 1 - Push ups & Plank; Round 2 - jump rope & jumping jacks; Round 3 - jump rope and butt kicks; Round 4 - weighted leg raises - rotating sides. 

2 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment