Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 25...

Today the weather was in the mid 50's and it got me realizing how close we are to a new season. I am very excited for Spring to arrive and bring with it longer days and warmer weather. There's nothing quite as motivating to get up and get moving than nice weather to walk your dog in. Which is exactly what I did today. Of course tomorrow the temps are supposed to plummet, but I soaked up what I could while it lasted.

Breakfast - Slice of frittata, half an avocado and some of the avocado/cucumber sauce & black coffee of course. 

Lunch - mixed green salad topped with smoked salmon, hard boiled egg, half an avocado, cucumbers, zucchini and slivered almonds. 

Dinner - Buffalo chicken sliders - wow, another winner! Just took ground chicken, shredded carrots, some Franks Hot Sauce, and chopped scallions. Mixed it all together and formed patties (guess they really weren't sliders). Then pan fried them in a little olive oil and served alongside zoodles. These things were so good and packed with flavor. I even commented halfway through that it actually tasted like there was blue cheese in these - probably just a mental thing with the combo of chicken and buffalo sauce. These will be making regular appearances this summer! (Heck, all year long!) 



Workout - Started at the house with 2 21-15-9's. Round 1 - 21 static lunge w/ weighted butterfly raises (not sure how else to describe that - picture hands/weights meeting at belly button then raising up shoulder length), 21 squats & 21 weighted good mornings - then 15, then 9 - arms killing after that one. Round 2 - 21 leg raises w/ weights - right side, 21 leg raises w/ weights - left side, 21 sit ups w/ weighted lat pull downs (picture back on ground and arms outstretched behind you- then pulling them down w/ the sit up) - then 15, then 9. Then I did 10 push-ups, for fun I guess and then it was off to the YMCA with the family. Hit the treadmill for a 7 degree incline 1 mile walk/hike. Then lifted weights for about 20 minutes. After that it was time to walk Liddy - I definitely felt great after all of that on a Wednesday! 

 5 more to go...

3 comments:

  1. Those look yummy! They remind me of this recipe: http://paleomg.com/buffalo-chicken-mini-meatloaf/ When I make it I usually add some carrots (and blue cheese when I'm not Whole30ing) and a ton of extra hot sauce haha.

    Mid 50s sounds great! The high is in the 20s here in PA today. It will be in the 40s this weekend, I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea Amber to do this as a meatloaf! Definitely nothing wrong with using tons of hot sauce - it's been my savior during this challenge. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete