Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day 30...

I did it!! I knew I could, but I honestly thought it was going to be really tough and that I'd have some moments of wanting to quit. Truthfully, I never had one moment where I thought "forget this, I'm having a cookie." In the challenge I was competing in I scored a perfect score - never missing a workout (that means a total of 26 workouts in those 30 days) always getting enough sleep, drinking enough water (probably more) never cheating on the food aspect and successfully doing away with fruit for the last 16 days - now that part was tough and if I was going to cheat it was going to be with a blueberry as I was making blueberry pancakes for my son. 

The results aren't in on the competition side yet - but the results that matter are the ones I see when looking in the mirror and the results I feel. 

Breakfast - another spicy tuna cake, half an avocado and black coffee. Note to self - always have at least two of those tuna cakes leftover for breakfast - great start to the day! 

Lunch - spinach salad topped with cauliflower, chicken, cucumber, zucchini, hard boiled egg, and slivered almonds. Prior to making lunch I went to Trader Joes to stock up on dates, pomegranate seeds, grapefruits, bananas, blueberries, and pears - fruit strike ends at midnight - my salads are about to get a lot prettier and tastier! 


Dinner - Drumsticks with a spicy green sauce and cauliflower rice. We roasted the drumsticks with just a little salt, pepper and garlic and then whipped up a green sauce to toss them in right when they came out of the oven. We tossed cilantro, half an onion, three garlic cloves, basil, mint, jalapeno, and fish sauce into our Ninja (the real hero of the Whole30 challenge). It was pretty, flavorful and made what could be a boring chicken night, exactly the opposite. On the side we stir fried some cauliflower rice with some onions, scallions and scrambled egg. Love this guilt free side dish. 




Workout - 4 Tabatas: Round 1 - Jump rope & butt kicks; Round 2 - static squat w/ tricep kick-backs & crescent pose w/ weighted lateral arm raises; Round 3 - bicycle crunches & sit ups w/ weighted lat pull downs; Round 4 - air squats and jump rope. 

A lifetime to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment