Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 17...

It was a snow day here which meant my son was home from school. He had fun getting to play in the snow a bit and thankfully never asked for hot chocolate (he always makes me sip it to be sure it isn't too hot!). 



Breakfast - slice of frittata, a whole avocado, and black coffee. I think I mentioned this previously, but I also make sure to get in a big glass of water with breakfast as well. 

Lunch - leftover shephards pie - on a snowy and cold day it felt good to change it up and eat something warm and cozy - also, good use of leftovers - no waste here! 

Dinner - spicy tuna cakes with garlic zoodles - can I just say - woah! So good! These tuna cakes were so flavorful, had a bit of a kick from the diced up jalapeno, and twirling the zoodles on my fork was amazing. Probably my favorite dinner thus far. We used a recipe from Nom Nom Paleo but adapted it a bit. Instead of using muffin tins, we simply formed the cakes into bigger patties and cooked in oven on a cookie sheet. I see us making these over and over and over again - easy, inexpensive ingredients, and did I mention how yummy they were? And zoodles - oh zoodles how good and easy you are! Look for these to pop up quite a bit in the last half of this challenge. 

This is the coolest thing ever...


I always wear gloves when handling jalapenos - learned that trick the hard way!




Workout - I did 6 Tabata's today. Round 1 - kettle ball swings & jump rope; Round 2 - dead lifts with bicep curls (did those for the full 4 minutes); Round 3 - plank & mountain climbers; Round 4 - sit ups with weighted lat pull downs & bicycle crunches; Round 5 - weighted leg raises - rotating sides; Round 6 - chest flies with legs extended & off the ground & chest press with legs extended & off the ground. Hurts. So. Good. 

13 more to go...

PS: I've already got my son excited to eat "green noodles" on St. Patrick's Day ;) Sneaky...

No comments:

Post a Comment