Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 11...

Another successful day in the books. One thing we seem to be struggling a little bit with is the "snacks" factor. Not so much for me, but for my husband. To be fair, he doesn't really eat breakfast or lunch, so he does tend to come home from work hungry before dinner is ready. We bought some Lara Bars at Trader Joes last night, so maybe those will satisfy his need to "snack." 

Breakfast - the last slice of frittata, half an avocado, half a grapefruit (I'm going to miss those next week) and black coffee. I am also trying to start my morning with a full glass of water before I have my coffee. On a side note - the amount of water I'm drinking during this (we are required 1 liter a day for our challenge) has been really helpful. I used to wake up so thirsty in the middle of the night - not anymore - of course I'm also not even waking up in middle of night anymore, so whether it's related or not, I do know that I always feel better when I'm getting lots of water in throughout the day. 

Lunch - arugula and spinach salad topped with shrimp, half an avocado, one hard boiled egg, cucumbers, dates and pomegranate seeds. Dijon balsamic vinaigrette for dressing. 

Dessert - after my salad I was still feeling hungry and knowing I've got to limit my fruit intake next week I decided to use up some of the fruit I've got lying around. I chopped up a pear and some apple into a bowl, squeezed a lemon onto it then added in some shredded coconut and chopped macadamia nuts and sprinkled some nutmeg and cinnamon onto it. It was such a nice treat - the lemon juice gave it such good flavor. 


Dinner - Shredded Thai Pork Tenderloin with red peppers, onions & green peppers over shredded cabbage. This was my first slow cooker recipe since we started the challenge. One of our favorite non-Whole30 dinners is our Thai Pork, which we were able to alter slightly to make it compliant. I just put a chopped up onion in the bottom of slow cooker, then placed the tenderloin on top, seasoned with some olive oil, salt and pepper, then topped with a chopped red and green pepper and more onion. I threw in some garlic cloves, coconut aminos, and compliant fish sauce and let it cook all afternoon. Then we took the pork out, added some cashew butter and coconut milk, then shredded the pork and put it back in the sauce. I also made some Sunshine Sauce as an additional topper - it was so good!! 




Workout - 21 curtsey lunges, 21 air squats and 21 good mornings - then 15, then 9. Then 21 push ups, 21 sit-ups and 21 bicycle crunches - then 15, then 9. 

19 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment