Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 4...

Another successful and cheat free day in the books! Today was the first day I faced temptation - I was giving my son some yogurt with his lunch (snow day - with no snow outside, joy) and got a little on my thumb - almost went to lick it off, but thought better of it and quickly washed it off instead. Phew! Close call ;) 

Breakfast - you guessed it! Slice of frittata, half an avocado, black coffee and today an orange as well. I don't eat oranges enough. I think I've got one more day of frittata left then it will be gone. Will either have to make another - vary of the ingredients - or try something different for breakfast next week. We'll see. 

Lunch - spinach salad with a hard boiled egg, chopped up slice of prosciutto, shaved sweet potato, half of an avocado, two chopped dates, cucumber and a light dijon (compliant of course) and balsalmic dressing. I ate salad for lunch most days before this challenge, so this isn't anything new - only different here is I'm not tossing crumbled feta or goat cheese on it and I'm not having a handful of crackers on the side. I'm still full afterwards. 


Dinner - hamburgers on lettuce "buns" with homemade garlic aioli (recipe to follow in another post) sliced onion and compliant bacon with homemade sweet potato fries on the side with homemade ketchup for dipping (again will post recipe later). Before the challenge I was probably a 50% of the time bun user anyhow, so this wasn't a big swap out for me - cheese was the thing I missed, but that garlic aioli sure made up for that missing topping! Hubs missed his bun, but he was still pretty satisfied. 


Workout - I did another set of 21-15-9's. For my first set I did 21 wood chopper lunges on the right, then 21 wood chopper lunges on the left, then 21 bicycle crunches. Then 15, then 9 of each. For round two I did 21 push-ups, 21 box jumps and 21 sit-ups. Then 15, then 9 of each. Let me tell you, the push-ups were hard to get through as my arms and chest were so sore, but I had the help of my little work-out buddy cheering me on. 



26 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment