Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 6...

Wow, Friday already! This week went by pretty fast. Leading into the weekend I was worried that my strength would start to weaken - meaning that I'd be looking forward to some end of week wine and a fun dinner (usually we did pizza night on Fridays) but happily I'm still loving this new eating regiment and the not drinking has felt really good. So onward to the weekend!

Breakfast - slice of my new frittata - loving the new flavors with the brussel sprouts and mushrooms. I think my next one will need some asparagus and maybe green peppers - half an avocado, black coffee and to change it up a bit a half of a grapefruit. I haven't had a grapefruit in so long - I forgot how much I love them. So juicy and sweet - a much needed touch of sweetness I might add.


Lunch - leftover spaghetti pie. I can't even stop eating this thing - it's too good.

Dinner - cauliflower soup, grilled chicken and sweet potato fries. The cauliflower soup came from a fellow challenger, I believe in the "Well Fed" cookbook (just ordered a copy of that for myself). Essentially you cook up cauliflower, carrots, onion and garlic until nice in tender in some water and beef stock (used some more of the homemade stock I had in preparation for the challenge) then you puree all of that and then add in a half can of coconut milk and seasonings. I used some nutmeg, cayenne pepper, ginger and black pepper. We garnished with some compliant bacon and red onions. This was so good. Definitely will make again, maybe with chicken stock instead so it doesn't turn so brownish.



Cocktail - I took the other half of my grapefruit and sliced it up and used that to jazz up my sparkling water. Looked fancy and tasted great!


Workout I did two 21-15-9's. First set 21 jump squats, 21 air squats, 21 tricep kick-backs - then 15, then 9. For round two I did 21 sit ups, 21 elbow to knee crunches and 21 v-ups with weights - then 15, then 9. 

24 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment