Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 1...

I had about 2 weeks to prep for this challenge and let me tell you, while I appreciated the time to organize, shop, and educate myself, I was so ready for this thing to just get going. So when I woke up on Day 1 I was ready to hit the ground running. First up - breakfast. Nothing like fried eggs, half an avocado, black coffee (that's how I drink it anyhow - thanks Dad for raising me my coffee black!) and some Tabasco. I think Tabasco will be my new best friend. I never used to like spicy stuff, now I can't get enough. Go figure. 

2 for my husband, 2 for me - aren't they pretty?

Lunch was an arugula and spinach salad topped with a hard boiled egg, a can of albacore tuna, the other half of my avocado, and a drizzle of olive oil and white balsalmic vinegar - and of course some Tabasco. 

Dinner was cooking away on the stove all day - a hearty beef stew, perfect for the cold temperatures we had all day. We browned up some stew meat which we lightly tossed in some coconut flour, then we sauteed carrots (I found these fun colorful carrots from Trader Joes), celery, and onion then added in butternut squash homemade beef stock and put the meat back in to simmer all afternoon. By dinner time the meat and veggies were nice and tender and one bowl was all it took to warm us up and fill us up. 



I drank my allotment of 2 liters of water and by the evening I was ready for my "cocktail." Sparkling lemongrass water in a wine glass. Ha! It was perfect. 

Day 1 was a success and while I didn't get a workout in (Sundays are going to be my rest days) I did spend much of the day on my feet re-organizing my home office, prepping some meals for the week, and doing laundry. 

29 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment