Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Day 16...

Well hello second half of the Whole30 challenge! Nice to see you. I can't believe it's halfway over and surprisingly we've yet to repeat a single dinner (obviously not the case for breakfast and lunch!) This was a pretty great day that really proved changes were being made. I for one woke up feeling like I was finally seeing some real changes in my body - so that was a nice start to the day - and then after eating a pretty early dinner we all decided to hit the YMCA for a post-dinner workout. That was definitely never something I'd have the energy or desire to do pre-Whole30. Adam loved getting to play basketball with other kids in the gym while Andy and I worked off dinner and lifted weights together. It was a great way to end the day and I see us doing this a lot more often. 

Breakfast - slice of frittata, whole avocado (making up for the fact that I couldn't have my grapefruit) and black coffee. 

Lunch - leftover pad thai - which turned out to be a mistake when I remembered I had a dentist appointment at 2:00 -- hello onion breath!! Whoops! 

Dinner - rib eye and veggies. Plain and simple. Roasted carrots, asparagus, beets, broccoli and mushrooms alongside a delicious pan fried (in ghee!) rib eye. We split the steak between the two of us so it was the perfect amount. Colorful and flavorful plate for the win! 


Workout - Did 20 minutes on the treadmill walking uphill - most of it at an average of 6 percent incline, then the last quarter of a mile at a 9 percent incline. Nothing too crazy, but the hiking felt good. Then I did two 21-15-9's. Round 1 - 21 Overhead press, 21 lat pulls, 21 pull downs (I've never done a pull up in my life, but I have a goal to do one this year - so this exercise helps) then 15, then 9. Round 2 - 21 squats with weighted overhead arm presses, 21 crunches, 21 bicycle crunches - then 15, then 9. 

14 more to go...


No comments:

Post a Comment