Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 7...

I'll be honest, I woke up on Day 7 (a Saturday) with a slight hankering for waffles, but I quickly pushed that notion aside and instead reminded myself I had another grapefruit in the fridge to fill my need for something sweet for breakfast. Saturdays and Sundays are the days that make me a little nervous in this challenge as they were usually reserved for eating lunch out, snacking and drinking a beer during football games and usually hanging out with friends/family. Alas, Saturday had arrived and I was ready to tackle it head on. 

Breakfast - slice of frittata, half an avocado, black coffee and half a grapefruit. I swear this breakfast isn't getting old yet, though I might try and think of something to make this weekend ahead of time to jazz up next week's menu. 

Lunch - arugula and spinach salad topped with roasted beets, roasted sweet potato, half an avocado, cucumber, chopped dates and slivered almonds. A little squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and I was all set. 

Snack - we were having a little bit of a later dinner and I knew we were headed to the Camper/RV show at the convention center (cue the aroma of popcorn!) so I grabbed an afternoon banana as a preventative measure. 

Dinner - This was my first real challenging moment of my Whole30 thus far. We had plans to have dinner with my sister-in-law and her husband which turned from eating at their house to going out to eat. Yikes! I hadn't planned on eating out just yet, or maybe at all, during this challenge, but luckily some fellow challengers had been posting helpful tips on our Facebook page to help if you do find yourself at a restaurant. It wasn't very crowded so it allowed me the ability to be slightly more high maintenance at a restaurant than I normally would be. I avoided the delicious smelling warm rolls they brought out when we sat down and instead quickly asked for a bottle of sparkling water. Happily no one wanted an appetizer - not sneaking a bite of calamari would have been tough - so it was straight on to our dinner order. They didn't have any entree salads on the menu so I got a side salad, hold the cheese (words I never thought I'd hear myself say) with shrimp added (sauteed in olive oil, no butter) and oil and vinegar on the side. It might not have been the best dinner I had all week but I was more happy to be enjoying conversation with family out in public all while knowing I was keeping up my end of the Whole30 bargain. Score! 

Dessert - while others enjoyed one last glass of red, I happily sipped on a cup of black decaf coffee. 

Workout - 21 curtsy squats, 21 mountain climbers, 21 good mornings - then 15 then 9. Then push ups, 21 sit ups, 21 bicycle crunches - then 15 then 9. My goal for week two is to jazz up these workouts a bit and to get moving more. So easy in this cold weather to not get outside for a walk with my dog, but she deserves it, I need it and well, we're going to make it happen. I also plan to hit the YMCA a few times next week even if it's to just get some longer walks in on the treadmill. I think adding that movement in with these workouts I've been doing will be really beneficial. For now, I'll enjoy that tomorrow is a rest day then it's will be game on! 

23 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment