Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 14...

Pretty low key Saturday. We had a lazy morning - something about getting to stay in jammies for a bit while drinking coffee and watching some TV is always a treat. Then we ran some errands and did some work around the house. We tend to have pretty packed weekends, so this was a nice change of pace. 

Breakfast - slice of frittata, half an avocado, half a grapefruit (my last one for 2 weeks) and black coffee. 

Lunch - arugula and spinach salad with smoked salmon, cucumbers, dates, half an avocado, hard boiled egg, slivered almonds and pomegranate seeds. Boy am I going to miss the added sweetness of the pomegranate seeds and dates during the last half of this challenge. 

Snack - one last bowl of apples and pears only this time I accidentally sprinkled cumin on them instead of cinnamon - blech. 

Dinner - Shepard's pie - we used the recipe from "Well Fed" and incorporated some of our leftover lamb chili. It was a great use of leftovers. We also added some mashed sweet potatoes to the mashed cauliflower mixture. It was so good and perfect for a winter night. 




Workout - I did 6 Tabata workouts. Round 1 I did wood chopper lunges - rotating sides each minute. Round 2 I did pliet squats with overhead tricep presses & jump rope. Round 3 I did plank & downward dog push ups. Round 4 I did sit ups with weights & bicycle crunches. Round 5 I did leg raises with weights - rotating sides each minute. Round 6 I did chest flies w/ legs extended and off the ground & chest press w/ legs extended and off the ground. It was a great workout - lots of core work. Also got in a good walk with my dog. 

16 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment