Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Day 10...

Well, I'm a third of the way through this thing. Already week 2 seems to be going by faster than week 1, we'll see if that keeps up. 

Breakfast - turning into Groundhog Day here - slice of frittata, half an avocado, half a grapefruit and black coffee. 

Lunch - spinach and arugula salad (I love arugula - so peppery and flavorful, my favorite) topped today with garlic and herb shrimp, half an avocado, cucumber, dates, roasted sweet potato, and pomegranate seeds. The shrimp are a fun treat from Wegmans. We made sure when we ordered them to find out how they were prepared to be sure they were compliant. They make a great appetizer at night and today they made the perfect topper for my salad. 


Appetizers - we had my folks over for dinner as they are about to head out of town for a few weeks. I loved that we were still able to entertain and serve compliant and tasty apps. We did our smoked salmon & cucumber bites with dill, capers and garlic aioli and bacon (compliant of course) wrapped chorizo (compliant) stuffed dates. Those dates are seriously the best things - if you've never made them, you should. Just butterfly the date, remove pit, put in a chunk of pre-cooked chorizo, then wrap up in half a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick. Pop in oven at 400 for about 15 minutes or so and you have an ooey gooey sweet and savory appetizer. Perfect for Super Bowl menu! 





Dinner - roasted lamb, roasted asparagus and broccoli/cauliflower soup. I made the same soup recipe I made last week only I add in some broccoli as well. It was really good. 

Workout - I cashed in on my rest day as I had lots of prep work to do for our dinner. I'll be back at it tomorrow! :) 

20 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment