Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Day 2...

For starters, I woke up on Day 2 after having one of the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Never woke up once in the middle of the night, which was so nice. I know after just one day it's probably not 100% related, but heck, if this is a side effect of following the Whole30 - I'll take it! 

Breakfast was a slice of frittata that I had made the day before, half of an avocado, Tabasco and of course coffee. I just sauteed red onion, zucchini, broccoli, cherry tomatoes and spinach then covered them with 8 whisked up eggs seasoned with a little salt, pepper and nutmeg. 



Lunch was a mixed green salad topped with one hard boiled egg, the other half of my avocado, cucumbers, eggplant and a can of albacore tuna. Drizzled a little garlic olive oil and white balsamic vinegar for my dressing. 


Dinner was inspired by my favorite blogger, Iowa Girl Eats, but adapted to be Whole30 compliant. I took organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs tossed lightly in coconut flower then browned in a skillet with a little ghee. Then I removed the chicken and sauteed leeks, garlic and portobello mushrooms. I then added some homemade turkey stock, a squeeze of lemon and tarragon and then put the chicken back in until it was cooked through an the sauce thickened. I then served it over a little bit of spaghetti squash. It was so good and filling. Next time I'd add an extra squeeze of lemon after plating. Loved that I was still able to utilize recipes from Iowa Girl. 



Cocktail - ginger apple sparkling water with a slice of lime - in a wine glass of course. Tasted like a sour apple martini. 

Workout - I did two 21-15-9's. First set 21 push ups, 21 sit ups, 21 box jumps - then 15, then 9. For round two I did 21 jump lunges, 21 air squats and 21 jumping jacks - then 15, then 9. Afterwards I did some chest flys and bench presses. Nothing too crazy, but after quite the workout hiatus, I was feeling it. 

28 more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment